Selected journal articles
- Wittich CM, Montgomery SC, Neben MA, Palmer BA, Callahan MJ, Seward JB, Pawlina W, Bruce CJ. Teaching cardiovascular anatomy to medical students by using handheld ultrasound device. JAMA. 288:1062-1063, 2002.
- Antolak SJ, Hough DM, Pawlina W, Spinner RJ. Anatomical basis of chronic pelvic pain syndrome: the ischial and pudendal nerve entrapment. Med Hypothesis. 59:349-353, 2002.
- Lachman N, Acland RD, Rosse C. Anatomical evidence for the absence of a morphologically distinct cranial root of the accessory nerve in man. Clin Anat. 15:4-10, 2002.
- Ocel JJ, Palmer BA, Wittich CM, Carmichael SW, Pawlina W. Outcomes of the gross and developmental anatomy teaching assistant experience. Clin Anat. 16:526-530, 2003.
- Hough DM, Wittenberg KH, Pawlina W, Maus TP, King BF, Vrtiska TJ, Farrell MA, Antolak SJ Jr. Chronic perineal pain caused by pudendal nerve entrapment: Anatomy and CT-guided perineural injection technique. Am J Roentgenol. 181:561-567, 2003.
- Houwink AP, Kurup AN, Kollars JP, Kellars CA, Carmichael SW, Pawlina W . Help of third-year medical students decreases first-year medical students’ negative psychological reactions on the first day of gross anatomy dissection. Clin Anat. 17:328-333, 2004.
- Carmichael SW, Pawlina W. Loose lips sink ships. Acad Med. 79:1002, 2004.
- Pawlina W, Lachman N. Dissection in learning and teaching gross anatomy: Rebuttal to McLachlan, Anat Rec. (New Anatomist) 281B:9–11, 2004.
- Pawlina W, Lachman N. Dissection in learning and teaching gross anatomy: Rebuttal to McLachlan. Anat Rec B New Anat. 281:9-11, 2004.
- Krych AJ, March CN, Bryan RE, Peake BJ, Pawlina W, SW Carmichael. Reciprocal peer teaching: Students teaching students in the gross anatomy laboratory. Clin Anat. 18:296-301, 2005.
- Bryan RE, Krych AJ, Carmichael SW, Viggiano TR, Pawlina W. Assessing professionalism in early medical education: Experience with peer- and self-evaluation in the gross anatomy course, Ann Acad Med. Singapore, 34:486-91, 2005.
- Nyland J, Lachman N, Kocabey Y, Brosky J, Altun R, Caborn D. Anatomy, function, and rehabilitation of the popliteus musculotendinous complex. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 35:165-79, 2005.
- Lachman N, Pawlina W. Integrating professionalism in early medical education: The theory and application of reflective practice in the anatomy curriculum. Clin. Anat. 19:456-460, 2006.
- Pawlina W. Professionalism and anatomy: How do these two terms define our role? Clin Anat. 19:391-392, 2006.
- Pawlina W, Hromanik MJ, Milanese TR, Dierkhising R, Viggiano TR , Carmichael. Leadership and professionalism curriculum in the gross anatomy course, Ann Acad Med. Singapore 35:609-614, 2006.
- Le Roux AR,Lachman N. Dental composite materials: Highlighting the problem of wear for posterior restorations. SADJ. 62:342-4, 2007.
- Jelsing EJ, Lachman N, O'Neil AE, Pawlina W. Can a flexible medical curriculum promote student learning and satisfaction? Ann Acad Med Singapore. 36:713-8, 2007.
- Vahed A, Lachman N, Knutsen RD. Failure investigation of soldered stainless steel orthodontic appliances exposed to artificial saliva. Dent Mater. 23:855-61, 2007.
- Lachman N, Pawlina W. Integrating professionalism in early medical education: The theory and application of reflective practice in the anatomy curriculum. Clin Anat. 19:456-60, 2007.
- Rarey KE, Romrell LJ, Pawlina W, Rosenberg JJ. Manual of Human Dissection, Gold Standard Multimedia, Gainesville, First edition 1994.
- Olson TR, Pawlina W. A.D.A.M. Student Atlas of Anatomy, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, Maryland; First edition 1996.
- Ross MH, Pawlina W. Histology, A Text and Atlas, Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, Maryland 2006.