- Preparing for Safe Travel to High Altitude By Paul Anderson, M.D. Co-investigator - ASAP study
- Curriculum for high school/colleges on altitude physiology and illness (under development)
- Hypoxia Symposium
- Lake Louise Questionnaire
- Research related to hypoxia and altitude – Hypoxia Symposium
- Medical Expeditions is a research charity dedicated to investigating mechanisms of altitude illness. The organization runs courses in high altitude medicine and physiology.
- The International Society for Mountain Medicine aims to encourage research and the dissemination of practical information about mountain medicine.
- The International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation (UIAA) is the society for climbing organizations
- The Wilderness Medical Society aims to improve scientific knowledge in matters related to wilderness environments and human activities in these environments
- High Altitude Medicine and Biology is a publication on current studies related to altitude.
- Ward MP, Milledge JS, West JB. High altitude medicine and physiology is the definitive UK text for altitude medicine
- Hornbein TF, Schoene RB. High altitude - an exploration of human adaptation contains a collection of detailed essays on the pathophysiology of altitude related disease
- West JB. High life - a history of high altitude physiology and medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 1998
- Emedicine on line is an online emergency medicine textbook with chapters on altitude illness
- The High Altitude Medicine Guide provides current medical information for doctors and non-doctors on the prevention, recognition, and treatment of altitude illness