Class B G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR) Projects
- Use of photoaffinity labeling and mutagenesis to explore the molecular basis of natural secretin ligand binding and activation of its receptor (as well as molecular modeling of these complexes).
- Use of fluorescence to probe microenvironments involved in secretin ligand binding, as well as conformational changes associated with receptor activation.
- Analysis of the quaternary structure of receptor complexes, including dimerization and oligomerization, as well as association with other regulatory proteins.
- Evaluation of the molecular basis of drug action and definition of "druggable" pockets within class B GPCRs.
- Application of class B GPCRs and receptor-active drugs for the management of diabetes and obesity.