Postdoctoral Research Fellowship - Cancer Center / Health Disparities Research
Investigator: Scott Leischow,
Social Network Scientist
The Research Scientist will work primarily on two NIH grant funded initiatives, both of which involve assessing the impact of network involvement and network characteristics on the flow of knowledge likely to affect health policy and health outcomes. This position is expected to attract applicants with expertise in the management and analysis of networks, preferably both organizational and social.
* Performs independent research in field of specialty using advanced methods and procedures.
* Acts as liaison between the PI and other members of the research team. Works closely with other network scientists from multiple institutions.
* Directs data reduction and network analyses for funded research projects, which includes consulting with members of the research team to determine the appropriate analyses for various designs.
*Acts independently in the analysis of networks in funded research projects.
*Works collaboratively with Dr. Leischow and other scientists on the development and implementation of grant applications
*Develops individual research plan in order to foster an independent research career, including development and implementation of grant applications as PI
Minimum Qualifications: Doctorate degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment
Preferred Qualifications: *Experience working with network data, which includes data cleaning and data management
* Experience in the analysis of organizational (or systems) and social networks, such as via UCINet, including visualizing and quantitative data analysis.
*Experience in behavioral or social sciences research assessing social networks as it pertains to cultural influences, the dissemination and adoption of evidence-based practices (eg including decision-making), and/or underserved populations (eg ethnic minorities, youth, etc).
* Strong quantitative research expertise, and preferably also qualitative research expertise.
* Experience of successfully working within a collaborative research team.
* Writing and Powerpoint skills for communicating study results to both scientists and non-scientists, including preparation of manuscripts for presentation and publication.
* Experience in the development and writing of grant applications.
* Clear evidence of attention to detail in writing and working with data.
How to apply
Applications, including curriculum vitae and bibliography, summary of past accomplishments, and the names and email addresses of three references, should be sent to:
Scottsdale, Arizona 85259
Scott Leischow Ph.D.
Mayo Clinic in Arizona
13400 East Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
Phone Number: 480-301-6870
Ad ID Number
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization that integrates research with clinical practices and education in multi-campus environment. Mayo offers an attractive benefit package. Salary will be determined by the successful candidate's experience.
Mayo Clinic is an affirmative action equal opportunity educator and employer. Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If you do not have a Social Security number or your Social Security card needs to be updated, please obtain and/or update as soon as possible to avoid any confirmation processing delays.