Publications - Bridget K. Biggs, Ph.D.
Back to research profile
- Weiss KE, Hahn A, Wallace DP, Biggs B, Bruce BK, Harrison TE. Acceptance of Pain: Associations With Depression, Catastrophizing, and Functional Disability Among Children and Adolescents in an Interdisciplinary Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program. J Pediatr Psychol. 2013 May 17.. [Epub ahead of print]
- Whiteside SP, Gryczkowski MR, Biggs BK, Fagen R, Owusu D. Validation of the Spence Children's Anxiety Scale's obsessive compulsive subscale in a clinical and community sample. J Anxiety Disord. 2012 Jan; 26(1):111-6. Epub 2011 Oct 07.
- Biggs BK, Vernberg EM, Wu Y, (in press). Social anxiety and adolescents' friendships: The role of social withdrawal. Journal of Early Adolescence. 2012.
- Biggs BK, Nelson JM, Sampilo ML. Peer relations in the anxiety-depression link: test of a mediation model. Anxiety Stress Coping. 2010 Jul; 23(4):431-47.
- Biggs BK, Vernberg EM, Fonagy P, Twemlow SW, Little TD, Dill EJ. Peer victimization trajectories and their association with children's affect in late elementary school. Int Behav Dev. 2010; 34:136-46.
- Varela RE, Sanchez-Sosa JJ, Biggs BK, Luis TM. Parenting strategies and socio-cultural influences in childhood anxiety: Mexican, Latin American descent, and European American families. J Anxiety Disord. 2009 Jun; 23(5):609-16. Epub 2009 Jan 29.
- Twemlow SW, Biggs BK, Nelson TD, Vernberg EM, Fonagy P, Twemlow SW. Effects of participation in a martial arts-based antibullying program in elementary schools. Psychol Sch. 2008 Dec; 45(10):947-59.
- Varela RE, Sanchez-Sosa JJ, Biggs BK, Luis TM. Anxiety symptoms and fears in Hispanic and European American children: Cross-cultural measurement equivalence. J. Psychopathol. Behav. Assess. 2008 Jun; 30(2):132-45.
- Vernberg EM, Roberts MC, Jacobs AK, Randall CJ, Biggs BK, Nyre JE. Outcomes and findings of program evaluation for the intensive mental health program. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 2008 Apr; 17(2):178-90.
- Roberts MC, Vernberg EM, Biggs BK, Randall CJ, Jacobs AK. Lessons learned from the intensive mental health program: A school-based, community oriented program for children with serious emotional disturbances. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 2008 Apr; 17(2):277-89.
- Randall CJ, Biggs BK. Enhancing therapeutic gains: Examination of fidelity to the model for the intensive mental health program. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 2008 Apr; 17(2):191-205.
- Biggs BK, Vernberg EM, Twemlow SW, Fonagy P, Dill EJ. Teacher adherence and its relations to teacher attitudes and student outcomes in an elementary school-based violence prevention program. School Psychology Review. 2008; 37(4):533-49.
- Vernberg EM, Roberts MC, Randall CJ, Biggs BK, Nyre JE, Jacobs AK. Intensive mental health services for children with serious emotional disturbances through a school-based, community-oriented program. Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2006 Jul; 11(3):417-30.
- Vernberg EM, Greenhoot AF, Biggs BK. Intercommunity relocation and adolescent friendships: who struggles and why? J Consult Clin Psychol. 2006 Jun; 74(3):511-23.
- Varela RE, Biggs BK. Reliability and validity of the Revised Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale (RCMAS) across samples of Mexican, Mexican American, and European American children: A preliminary investigation. Anxiety, Stress & Coping: An International Journal. 2006 Mar; 19(1):67-80.
- Dill EJ, Vernberg EM, Fonagy P, Twemlow SW, Gamm [Biggs] BK. Negative affect in victimized children: The roles of social withdrawal, peer rejection, and attitudes toward bullying. J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2006; 32:159-73.
- Parker JG, Low CM, Walker AR, Gamm [Biggs] BK. Children’s friendship jealousy: Assessment of individual differences and links to sex, self-esteem, aggression, and social adjustment. Dev Psychol. 2005; 41:235-50.
- Vernberg EM, Gamm BK. Resistance to violence prevention interventions in schools: Barriers and solutions. Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies. 2003 Apr; 5(2):125-38.
- Parker EM, Biggs BK. Describing the dark side of children's peer experiences: Four questions (and data) on children's enemies. New directions for child and adolescent development: Enemies and the darker side of peer relations. 2003; 102:55-72.